Saturday, December 11, 2004

Good Enough

Teenage girls are so annoying!! Ugh! (Did I just diss myself? Why, yes. Yes I did. But mostly teenage girls in general.) They obsess over a boy turning a passing glance into something way romantic. "Oh my god, he looked at me! He must think I'm hot! I think I should go faint!" What's up with that? And then, when they get that maybe, possibly, the guy doesn't like them, they want to go die. Their life is over just because some guy doesn't like them. Suddenly they're not good enough for anything.

Girls across the world, I've got news for you. You don't have to be good enough. You're you. And that's the best thing you possibly can be. You don't have to change yourself just to be "good enough" for some guy. Because if you have to change yourself, that guy isn't good enough for you. A guy that asks you to change, or makes you feel like you're not good enough, isn't worth you're time. Because he's not going to change either. You need a guy that you don't have to change for. A guy that you can just be yourself with. And that's the best feeling of all; just being you with someone that loves you for it.

And even as I sit here, writing to girls across the world, I know that no matter what I say, they might not get it. No, you're not going to get it just because I happen to tell you. You learn from experience. But why can't you learn from other people's experience?

Oh yeah, and what happens if a guy happens across this entry? Well, I'm here to say that if you think a girl should change just for you, like wearing more revealing clothes, more make up, change her friends, or even stop talking to some guy friends, she should kick your ass and teach you a lesson. Stop being an asshole and find a girl that you like for her. A girl that you don't want to ever change. Don't lead people on, and you'll save a lot of hurt.

P.S Happy Birthday Kathryn!!

Playing on iTunes right now: Slither by Nirvana (I want the box set so bad for Christmas!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home